Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's a brand-new blog!

Welcome, everybody!  I'm so excited to announce the start of my brand-new blog, Counter Culture Cuisine!  I am working with a new format and with some new goals in mind that I want to tell you about...

One reason I am starting a new blog is that when I started 365 Days of Good Dinners, I just couldn't think of a better name :)  Second, I really want to emphasize not just "good dinners" but the idea of a counter culture lifestyle of healthful eating.  It may seem odd to call it a counter culture, but just look at the facts...  Most Americans eat at fast-food restaurants more than once a week (and let me be the first to admit, I have at certain times in my life fallen into this category!).  Most grocery store conglomerates who will remain nameless don't offer the kinds of things that are good for you to eat.  Eating well also has the stereotype of costing more (which, believe me, it doesn't have to).  Also, and perhaps most importantly, so many of us just don't set aside the time to cook on a regular basis.  But you know what?  It isn't that hard! 

So my goal is this:  to show the world that eating healthfully is fun, affordable, and will help you feel great about yourself!  So join the food revolution, become a part of the counter culture and start eating right!  I promise, you'll love it. 

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to speak to the eating well costing more. When I was 21, I had a 10 month old baby, a HS education and a job cleaning toilets. I had to eat, the baby had to eat and we had not much money. Squash was cheap, brown rice was cheap, beans were cheap. Yogurt I made from non fat dry milk. I think my weekly food budget was about $20. And we were NEVER sick. Eating well, without the packaging was dead cheap. I belonged to a food co-op (yes ex hippie was in a food co-op in Woodstock, NY)

    Anyway this stuff is all true.

    ReplyDelete